Monday 19 March 2012

Full of the Joys of Spring

Oh Instagram, how you bring out the joys of Spring!
It's bursting all around me here in Wales as I hop, skip and jump about like the goon that I am.

There are daffodils, lambs (I've turned into such a townie, my family would be horrified) and longer days. I love it. My father has just bought the tiniest little fishing boat and we took it out on the water for the first time last Friday. The sea was like glass, not just in the estuary where the swans were... swanning around, but properly out at sea, beyond the bar. It was stunning. And freezing.






This local honey ice cream is the nectar of the gods (well, in the valley at least) and is the reason for the rather large thighs wobbling about, mine included. It's the world's best ice cream, and that's a bold statement from someone who was addicted to gelato in Italy for a bunch of years. There's something incredibly spoiling about going for a walk on the beach eating ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment