Thursday 29 December 2011

Valentino, echos of Sargent

Valentino Spring 2012
I am longing to see Valentino's full campaign shot by Deborah Turbeville in Mexico and love the choice of Zuzanna Bijoch, Maud Welzen, Bette Franke, and Fei Fei Sun - brilliant casting.
And Oh! the hair!

It reminds me of some of Sargent's paintings, namely 'Cashmere' which is his eleven year old niece painted several times. I remember seeing it in a book in my school library and it literally sent my head spinning.
I'd not seen his work before and have remained in awe since. The man was a genius.
Cashmere by John Singer Sargent (1908)
And here are some more. Just because.
Fumée d'Ambris Gris (1880) 
A Parisian Beggar Girl (1977)                                                                  Rosina (1878)
A Venetian Scene (c.1880)
Leaving Church, Campo San Canciano, Venice (1882)
And Valentino's beauties elsewhere...
Freja Beha Erichsen at Valentino Spring Summer 2012 & Kate Bosworth at The Met Ball 2011


valentino.com

No comments:

Post a Comment